Monday, April 26, 2010

Remark download

I spent the afternoon trying out the remark program. It is not intuitive. It is the program I want to use for aggregating my students' scores on their listening assessments and looking at their progress over time.
I managed to create a bubble scoresheet
I managed to scan it
I downloaded the program
I made some progress in getting the program to recognize the scoresheet.
I know what to do next, but I ran out of time. I am far enough that I can run off the score sheets and bubble in the scores.
There are a couple problems here: number one. the learning curve is very steep and I don't have time at the end of the year to devote to learning a new technology. number two. I don't know if there is actually a free version of this software and the pay version is $900! So, if I learn all of this and can't apply it next year, I may not be any better off?!?
I will be better for the journey, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Arg. That does sound steep. The amount of time that it took, I don't feel attracted by that. Sometimes I think just grading papers by hand and putting a note in gradebook in quickgrades can be better for both teacher and student.