Monday, May 3, 2010

Google docs - a learning curve

I created a rubric with which I can track quarterly progress of my students for the rest of the year - as I test-run the rubric. I have my results from 3rd quarter.
The learning curve of using google docs as an assessment aggregator is pretty steep. I am having trouble editing and moving columns etc.

To the basics, I did not know how to create a documents, so I went to templates and searched for rubrics and found one that made sense for what I was trying to do. I figured out what sort of questions it contained and then I started from scratch and made my own.

I have completed the rubrics for two classes and that information goes automatically to a spreadsheet. I created the formulas on the spreadsheet because I do not see any place that does that automatically.

There are graphs available which are very easy to generate, but they are not allowing me to save. That is something I have to figure out. It tells me it is incompatible with API.

This has potential, but after 3 hours at it today, I am finished.

No comments: